Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Nothing is Ever as it Seems

To many, this may look like I drew the lion in the grass with Photoshop, but that’s not the case. I did not touch anything in this picture. It is exactly as I took it.

Interestingly, the reason the lion looks like a painting is because the pixels are spread out which makes the details softer. At the time I shot this picture, I was just transitioning from film to digital and had a small point and shoot 5 megapixel camera. If I had a camera with more megapixels, I’m not sure I would have gotten the same effect in the photo. That’s where the magic happens. I zoomed in to frame the lion with the tree in the background, but let the camera focus. This made the lion appear like a drawing or painting because of its natural camouflage in the red oat grass. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Excerpt from: Moments in Time Captured Forever; You Don't Need a Good Camera to Take Good Pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment