Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Jerusalem, Israel

Jerusalem, Israel
“The really happy man is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.”
– Anonymous

The following story is not in the book.

In July 2007 I went on a bus tour of Poland and Israel. I've taken many bus tours of various cities around the world and found that I usually like to sit in the front of the bus so I can see everything the driver sees. As we were driving over a bridge into Jerusalem, I saw the sunset and quickly snapped this picture. I'm glad my camera was on auto at the time since there was no time to fuss with settings. I was lucky we had a good driver, who kept the bus steady, because I was standing in the aisle and anything could have happened. I was also lucky to have pressed the shutter at the right time or else I would have missed the shot since the end of the bridge was fast approaching.

You'll see some other pictures from Poland in the book, or check out my website: DebraRubyPhotography.com. If there is a picture you want to know the story, please let me know and I’ll write about it on the blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment