Monday, September 10, 2012

Such Personality

A friend asked me to photograph her family for Christmas. I was expecting to photograph people, but then she asked me not to laugh when she told me her family is her dogs. She has three, but this one was not interested in participating with his siblings. I don’t think he liked wearing the pretty ribbon around his neck even though his brother and sister wore one too.

As stubborn as he was that day, I’m even more stubborn and persisted in getting his picture no matter how much he didn’t want to be involved! Even the dog treats and bones didn’t entice him to join the group. Instead he ran to the back door and waited to go inside the house. That’s when I took this picture. His coloring looks great next to the orange door.

I left him at the door and took pictures with the other family members for a while. It took a long time and a lot of patience, but my friend and I eventually got all three dogs together with her to take the family photo. He still wasn’t thrilled to be there, but we got him before we lost the pretty dusk sunlight. My friend was very pleased with her Christmas photos.

(This is the entire story in the book, unedited for the blog.)

No comments:

Post a Comment