Monday, October 22, 2012

More Proof You Don’t Need a Good Camera to Take Good Pictures





Our first excursion together was a helicopter ride over the island of Kauai. Eric and I were both very excited and looked forward to seeing Hawaii from the sky.

Since there was limited space and a weight allotment on the helicopter, I was not allowed to bring my camera bag with all of the extras I may want. So, I had to choose. I decided to attach the zoom lens on my manual “good” camera so I could capture the waterfalls and gorgeous greenery with the clearest detail and had that one hanging around my neck. On my wrist was the Canon Power Shot for the wide angle photos.  I was prepared to take great images with whichever camera the situation suited best.

I discovered as we were flying around the island, that the close up images of trees and water were nice, but didn’t capture the majesty of the island I wanted to remember and take home with me. With its wider angle lens, I once again found my little Power Shot took good pictures and was better for the landscapes. Additionally, because of its compact size I could get the lens closer to the glass to crop out the reflections of the people inside the helicopter. The lighter, more versatile point-and-shoot also saved me the trouble of contorting my body to get the shots I wanted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Complete story from, Moments in Time Captured Forever; You Don't Need a Good Camera to Take Good Pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment