Monday, October 15, 2012

Use What Feels Comfortable

Hearst Castle®/California State Parks

In November of 2009, I visited Hearst Castle. I brought my “good” camera thinking I should at least have it with me to take photos using my zoom lens. I took a few shots with it at first, but I wasn’t getting the pictures I had envisioned. Like many occasions before and since, I found myself utilizing my point-and-shoot for its ease of use.

I felt a little guilty having my boyfriend carry my “good” camera all over the castle and not using it again. Everyone else on the tour was using their professional-grade cameras. It was hard not to compare myself to the others and not think less of my own pictures because I wasn’t using a “good” camera like them. But, in the end, the camera doesn’t make the photographer, they eye does. My Power Shot is an extension of my arm and has become part of me. It’s easier to carry, easier to hold and takes good pictures.

Excerpt from: Moments in Time Captured Forever; You Don't Need a Good Camera to Take Good Pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment