Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Solitude

 
While in Japan, my tour group visited Mt. Fuji. Our guide for the day thanked us for letting her see the mountain with us. We wondered what she meant because she leads tours of Mt. Fuji almost every day. Surely, she had seen it at least once before that day? No, she hadn’t. She told us that it is often covered by clouds and that our seeing it clearly that day was a rare occurrence. We were lucky because the mountain was a beautiful sight.

Later, after we returned to our hotel in Hakone, Japan, I walked around a path on the hotel grounds that overlooked Mt. Fuji and the surrounding water. A passerby mentioned that if I wanted to see Mt. Fuji, I’d better hurry before the clouds drifted in front of it. As I stopped to look at the mountain, I noticed a woman sitting underneath a nearby tree creating origami figures. I thought this scene would make a romantic picture and snapped the shot. After I returned home, I had an 8x10 print of the picture framed and named it “Solitude.” I’m glad I had my camera ready otherwise I would have missed this peaceful moment.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is the entire story in, Moments in Time Captured Forever; You Don't Need a Good Camera to Take Good Pictures. Mt. Fuji is the faint mountain to the right of the tree. Ten minutes after taking this picture it was completely obscured!

No comments:

Post a Comment