Wednesday, November 18, 2015

In My Dreams


I still haven't figured out what I truly want to create or get out of my photography. I thought I knew, but now I'm not sure. Do I still want all these things I wrote back in October 2008?

·         I have a beautiful gallery of work that keeps changing. Every time I hang a photograph, it is immediately sold and I put up a new one.
o   Yes.

·         Next door to the gallery, I have a card shop where I sell my photographs as greeting cards, post cards, calendars and other merchandise such as, bags, mugs, key chains, magnets etc.
o   Yes.

·         In the gallery itself I sell my photo books – collections of photographs – for the coffee table or other enjoyment.
o   Yes.

·         My photo books are sold in various book stores across the country and abroad, and online – Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Borders, etc. I have so many popular books that they have an entire section devoted to my photography.
o   I wrote one book and it is on Amazon and Barnes & Noble online!
o   I’m not sure I still want to have my own section in the bookstore, but I do plan on writing more books.

·         My cards are sold in various other card shops across the country and abroad.
o   Yes.

·         My photos are the most downloaded from stock photography of any other photographer.
o   Yes, but I have never submitted my photos to stock photo sites and don’t really know how to get involved or get paid for my photos this way.

·         My photos are featured in various magazines like gardening and travel.
o   Yes.

·         My motivational calendars are not specific to any year, so they sell all year long, every year.
o   Yes.

·         My photographs have been compared to poetry. I’m known as the “Visual Poet.”
o   Yes.

·         I write “Visual Poetry” with my camera.
o   Yes.

·         My photographs are used for home and office decorations in large retail stores like Home Depot and furniture stores and for decorating hotel lobbies and bedrooms.
o   Yes.

·         I am often commissioned to photograph various subjects for TV, Movies and theater sets to create a mood in the room they are designing. Then the photo goes on sale or donated to charity.
o   Yes, and no. I would be thrilled if my photos were used in sets for TV, movies or theater, but I don’t want to work for the entertainment industry.
o   Yes, I want my photos to sell and/or donated to charity.

·         I am featured in the Philanthropy Magazine as the woman of the year for helping people, communities and cities across the nation and world. My products are made of recycled paper and repurposed items. I donate a percentage of my profits to charities around the world that preserve animal life in the wild, protect endangered species, build public parks in densely populated cities (an oasis in the middle of the city), plant trees and preserve forests across the world.
o   Yes.

·         I am featured in the Education Magazine because my photographs help students learning English to better communicate and express their ideas.
o   Yes.

Well, I guess I still want all these things in some capacity. Now the question is, HOW does it all get done? Okay, the first step is getting my “shop” on my website actually running so people can purchase my products online!

www.DebraRubyPhotography.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment