Wednesday, November 25, 2015

The Calm Before the Storm



My husband and I went to the mall to look around before Black Friday. I almost never go to the mall. I much prefer shopping online and getting boxes (presents) delivered to my door! But, sometimes we need to actually go somewhere, in our case, to get our rings cleaned and see what was there.

We parked with ease, walked around without bumping into anyone and actually found presents for two people. It was a successful visit. And, as a bonus, we got some exercise walking the length of the mall on two floors.

I never understood the appeal to go shopping. That’s not really my idea of fun. I like walking with my dog, smelling flowers along the way, looking at the clouds and the light coming through them and anything out in nature. I love feeling the wind and am really enjoying some cooler weather for a change!

The crazy people are coming though. They camp out in front of stores and wait all night to be the first ones in the door! Why? I’d much rather sleep in my own bed, warm, safe and be with friends and family on Thanksgiving weekend. There will always be another sale or discount later. Actually, the best time to go shopping is After the holidays in January when everything is on sale. I buy stuff all year long and save it in the “gift closet” for when I need something for someone. Or, I find the perfect present for someone and save it for them for the holidays and/or birthdays. Who wants to deal with all those crowds?! Not me!


No comments:

Post a Comment