Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Stop and Enjoy



Life is fleeting so take the time to stop and enjoy all that it has to offer.  I'm a creature of habit, so it makes sense that I take the same route home from work each day. As with most everyone else, I tune out the scenery and focus on getting home, but one day I noticed these huge geraniums scaling up above this house on the corner. Their beauty lured me and I had to pull over!

As I photographed these towering stocks of flowers, a butterfly landed right in front of me. I wanted to get a picture of him too, but he was a bit evasive. I followed him clicking away but still nothing. Then I remembered a teacher of mine once say, “Stay focused on one area and wait for your subject to fly into the frame.” So I did and turned my focus to a beautiful pink flower. After a few clicks, I couldn’t believe what I saw in my lens. The butterfly! He landed right where I focused my attention. My teacher was right. I didn’t want to let him get away this time, so I clicked away.  Snap! Gotcha! The last shot of him was amazing. I zoomed in close to see his smiling face.  

No comments:

Post a Comment