Friday, August 31, 2012

It’s Okay to Look Silly

In Telluride, Colorado, I was skiing down a cat track at the end of the day admiring the scenery along the way. The trees were beautifully bare and the sky was crystal clear. I skied over to the side of the track, out of the way of other skiers, stopped and laid down on the back of my skies. Next, I framed the majority of the snow out of the bottom of the picture and snapped the trees and sky. As I was taking the shot, several skiers asked me if I was all right. They were afraid I had fallen and was hurt on the side of the road, but I wasn’t. I was just taking a picture. I waved and said thank you all the while thinking if one more person interrupts me while I’m taking my shot, I won’t be so nice about it next time. Sometimes I jump out of my skin from distraction when I’m concentrating or focused on a single point. I’ve missed shots that way. But, that’s not their fault. These kind citizens were concerned for my health and well being. I can’t be mad at them for that, now can I?

No comments:

Post a Comment