Thursday, August 30, 2012

Take Time to Notice

I always keep my little Canon Power Shot in my purse because you never know when you’ll see something beautiful to photograph. I was on my way to the doctor one day and parked around the corner on the street instead of the parking lot. It was a sunny, warm day and the neighborhood gardens were growing. I had a few extra minutes before my appointment, so when I noticed a patch of purple daisies, I took out my camera and snapped a few pictures.

I was low to the ground and angled the camera to see the entire flower while focusing on the center. When I took pictures of the flower directly overhead, it wasn’t as interesting to me as from the side angle. Also, the other branches and leaves gave a natural shade to the flower while letting some light through. That’s why I chose this flower rather than others in the patch because the details in the pedals were lost under the direct sunlight.

It only takes a moment to notice and only a moment longer to take a picture before moving on with the rest of the day. You don’t have to have a camera to remember the moment, what matters is that you savor that moment when it comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment