Wednesday, August 22, 2012

We All Need a Little Help Sometimes






Generally, I don't touch my photos. I work outside on most occasions, and don't have to deal with any unintended reflections or glares. Not this time, however. When I was photographing starfish in the Seattle Aquarium, the light reflected back from the water’s surface leaving a fuzzy reflection. With Photoshop, I eliminated the reflection with the clone stamp tool and then softened it with the healing brush.  In addition to the reflections, I also had to crop out a few extra legs on the star fish. These few retouches turned an otherwise distorted picture into a strong and colorful photograph. At times we all need a little help to look our best, so why not take advantage of the resources we have to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment