Monday, November 19, 2012

Ants Marching

I noticed these pretty pink flowers a couple of times and wanted to photograph them, but hadn’t taken the time until then. The morning light was soft and pretty.

I started taking traditional pictures of the flower when I noticed ants walking along the stem underneath. I already had my setting on macro to get close to the flowers, so I just changed my focus from the flower pedals to the ants marching. I found their movements fascinating. 

I love the color combinations of pink, yellow and green in this picture. Nature’s colors are vibrant and spectacular next to the small working ant. I appreciate seeing the little things in such a big world because it reminds me of how important each and every creature is to our ecosystem.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
Excerpt from: Moments in Time Captured Forever; You Don't Need a Good Camera to Take Good Pictures.




No comments:

Post a Comment