Saturday, November 3, 2012

Good Friends



Good friends are hard to come by which is why it is so important to appreciate the friends you already have. A simple “thank you” can go a long way. One day, while walking on the beach in Santa Monica with my friend Dominique, I noticed some birds I wanted to photograph. She was kind enough to help me get some pictures. Armed with a Canon Power Shot and some stale bread we walked down by the water. She was going to feed the birds while I snapped away.

It didn't take long for me to realize that grounded birds don't make for particularly beautiful photos. To remedy this, Dominique started tossing the bread in the air. Surprisingly, the birds snatched the bread out of mid air. At times, she even held the bread out for the birds to swoop in and take right from her hand. As the sun set beyond the horizon, we walked back to the car with some great shots that would have never been if not for Dominique's help. She really put herself out there for me, even getting nipped once or twice by some overanxious birds. I took some really great pictures, but that's secondary to the true friendship Dominique showed me that day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Complete story from, Moments in Time Captured Forever; You Don't Need a Good Camera to Take Good Pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment